Have you been struggling with your full sets of extensions taking too long? Here are our tips for speeding up your lash sets!
Full sets of lashes usually take around 1.5 hours to 2 hours depending on how experienced the lash artist is. With that being said, there are a few ways to increase your speed when lashing.
- Prep Work
- Prep work is very important, but if you have trouble taping down the lashes it can cause a problem in your time management with your full set. Practice, practice, practice!
- It is unnecessary to brush the lashes so much during a full set. We recommend to brush them maybe once or twice before finishing the entire set. Once finished, you can brush them as much as needed to make sure the brush glides through smoothly.
- This is a BIG one! Talking makes the clients eyes move up and down and could possibly move the tape under the eye as well. When the tape is moved, it is possible it could get into the eye or let any bottom lashes become loose. This can cause watering of the eyes as well. Try to keep talking to a minimum when performing a full set.
- Isolation is the #1 most important thing to do when performing a full set of lashes. If it is taking you a while to isolate the clients lash simply brush the natural lash and try again. Isolation is not easy and takes A LOT of practice to perfect. Once you perfect isolation, this could help with timing tremendously!
- Lash Palette Setup
- Be sure that your lash palette is easily accessible and as close to you and the client as it can be.
We hope this helps any lash artists struggling with their lash timing. Comment below if you are a lash artist and have any questions or tips for others!