As we age, fine lines and wrinkles start to show in our faces. The ability of our skin to renew itself has diminished and our skin begins to sag and loses its firmness. The beauty industry, especially the anti-aging category, has many innovations throughout the years and it is continued these days. One of its hottest innovations is Microcurrent facial treatment.
What is Microcurrent?
Microcurrent is an FDA approved treatment used as a nerve stimulator and has been used since the 1980s. Clinically tested for contouring, firming, and toning an aging skin using low level-current that imitates the body’s natural current. It invigorates, sending gentle, soft waves through the skin, tissues, and to the facial muscles.
Microcurrent is shown to increase the protein synthesis and ATP concentration while promoting the amino acid uptake of the skin. ATP, also known as Adenosine triphosphate, manages the making of the key structural proteins. It is the biochemical way to store and use energy. Elastin and collagen are some of the key proteins. Elastin supplies the recoil needed in tissues such as skin and certain ligaments. Collagen is one-third of a total protein and valued by its bounty in cartilage, bone, tendon, and skin.
Benefits of Microcurrent
- Transform your features from your first treatment by reshaping, defining, and give you a refreshed and younger-looking skin. A flexible, bouncy, and supple skin can be observed after the treatment.
- Produces and repairs collagen on your dermis and can erase signs of aging with the use of two handheld prongs that deliver dosages of energy. There are also studies indicating that it increases the production of elastin by 48%, collagen by 14%, and blood circulation by 38%.
- It is a gentle treatment that gives visible results. The procedure is painless, injection-free, and noninvasive. It is a relaxing treatment that tightens your pores, reduces puffiness, improves muscle tone, and increases the cellular activity of the skin.
- The results can be visible in minutes. It gives a more lifted feeling and a bright glowing complexion immediately after.
While it is known as painless and non-invasive treatment, there are people that should avoid microcurrent facials.
- People who have pacemakers
- People who have metal implants
- Anyone who has open sores such as severe acne
- Pregnant or nursing women
- People who had certain face fillers
Be Consistent for Best Results
While it provides both cumulative and instant anti-aging results, it is soothing and most of the time the clients don’t feel anything at all. It is an effective and safe treat great for clients who want to maintain and attain younger and healthier-looking skin. You can expect a more radiant and plumper skin with consistent treatment and it also works on all skin types. For best results, it was recommended to have professional sessions by at least 10 to 15 times and performed once or twice a week followed by maintenance sessions once every four to six weeks.
At Home Treatment
This can be very difficult to maintain especially in these times and that’s why there are devices that can give you the microcurrent treatment that you need at home. NuFace is an FDA approved micro facial device that is designed to contour and reduce the wrinkles and fine lines on your face. You can use it as little as 10 minutes a day as per the company. The result will vary and maybe not as drastic as the ones in the spas but it gives you the convenience and availability that you need at the comfort of your home.
Book with your esthetician at Organic Tan FACE AND BODY now to learn more and also you can purchase NuFace available at our Spa Shop!